EU branches' business on Romanian market has crossed the threshold of RON 1 billion
The GWP related to the branches of EU insurers active on Romanian insurance market, has crossed last year the threshold of RON 1 billion for the first time, according to the YE2020 figures released last week by Romanian FSA.
Thus, the aggregate GWP reported by the 13 branches of EU insurers active on local market totaled RON 1.02 billion (~EUR 415 million), about 16% more y-o-y.
Of this total, 52% was related to the life insurance classes (RON 532 million), the remaining 490 million being related to the general insurance segment.
Last year, there were active three branches of EU life insurers:
At the same time, the units of the following 10 EU insurers were active on Romanian non-life insurance market:
- CARDIF Assurance Vie (France)
- Metlife Europe (Ireland)
- AEGON TUnZ S.A. (Poland)
- Osterreichische Hagelversicherung Versicherungsverein Auf Gegenseitigkeit (Austria)
- Porsche Versicherungs (Austria)
- Euler Hermes (Belgium)
- CARDIF Assurances Risques Divers (France)
- COFACE SA (France)
- Sogessur SA (France)
- Metlife Europe Insurance (Ireland)
- Colonnade Insurance (Luxembourg)
- ATRADIUS Credito Y Caucion (Spain)
- Medicover Forsakrings (Sweden)
Author: Andrei Victor
Comment this article